Below is a list of many of our Volunteer Needs.
Please fill out a Volunteer Application if you are interested in any of the many volunteer opportunities - links are at the bottom of the page.
Foster Home Care
- Provide a Foster Home for a needy dog.
- Shelter Walkers (East and Westside shelter, Humane Society)
- Calls and Emails (to homes and shelters)
- Dog Evaluations
- Help with Relinquishments
Rescue Events Help
- Going to Events
- Talking to Adopters
- Loading/Unloading Trailers, etc.
- Help with Fundraising, Donations, or Grants
Phone Calls and Email Help
- Phone Interviews
- Email volunteers
Other Volunteer Functions
- Home Checks - screening potential adoptive homes
- Transportation for rescue dogs
- Shelter Run - go to local shelters and identify Border Collies
- Training - provide herding, obedience or agility instruction for rescue dogs
- Records - Mailings
- Data Entry (Website help, updates, etc.)
- Public Communications - Internal and External
- Grant Writing
- Updating Volunteer Information (phone calls and emails)
- Updating Valley Rescue Groups List